Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Steven's favorite things

Here are some of Steven's favorite things:
He LOVES eating. All the time. In fact, he is so impatient when it comes to eating. In between every bite, he basically yells at me. He also can't stand it when we're eating and he's not, even if I just fed him. So, we give him whatever we have. Once, it happened to be a pickle. He didn't seem to mind at all.
He also loves the bath/shower. Recently, I realized that it was much easier to just bring him in the shower with me than trying to shower while he was napping (since that usually wakes him up for some reason). I found out that he loves it and so does double duty in letting me shower and keeping him very happy. Also, I've come up with a system where after I get out, I fill up the bath and let him play while I get ready. It works great! I think his favorite thing to do is pull everything off of the side, into the tub, and then splash a lot.
Steven loves making a clicking sound. Every time he's unhappy and I make that sounds, he smiles so big and gives me this look like, "finally! you're speaking my language" and then he always makes the sound back to me. In fact, I was watching this video on my phone earlier and he heard himself making the noise, and so from the back seat of the car, he started clicking too :)
Last of all, Steven loves being read to! He especially loves it when TJ reads because he does it in a much more entertaining way than I do...

6 comments:

the Mom said...

Love that last video! :} So cute! Well, of course, he's cute in *all* of them, but there's just something about a baby's laugh. And TJ's face. :]

Lyndsay Detro said...

Those videos were SO cute!! I can't believe that he laugh through that entire book. So funny! And I loved your comment about "finally speaking my language". That was a perfect way of putting it. And I can't believe he is standing!! Holy cow he is SUCH a BIG boy!! And stinkin' cute, too!

nana said...

I totally relate to the "showering with kids to keep them happy" idea. Steven is obviously another water baby. I wonder how he would react to Dad's rendition of "Brave Brushtail Possum?" He is a fascinating little guy.

nana said...

Steven, I mean. Not Brave Brushtail Possum. Or Dad. I mean, he's fascinating, but he's not a little guy.

Jennifer said...

STOP BEING SO CUTE Steve! You make me want to have a boy:)

Brendie, Tyson, Hank and Luke Gundersen said...

Julia I think our boys are like the same kid. Hank loves pickles too. Tyson fed him one the other day and he devoured it, haha. Steven is s cute!