Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fun

Steven has just been having a great time here with his cousins. He loves playing with Junie, and even though he and Olive butt heads some times, they have some fun moments too. He also just loved running around! He can basically stay entertained for hours if he has a big open space to run around in.
I think I like his other sunglasses better....
Henry hasn't quite gotten used to us being here yet. He gets really sad whenever Jennie leaves, even just the room. The other day, she had to run somewhere, and so left Henry and Olive home with me. Olive did fine, but Henry didn't do so well. After he finally stopped crying, he was just sitting in front of the door, waiting for Jennie, until he finally just fell asleep. It was one of the saddest things ever. I fest so bad! I don't mean to be a big scary aunt!
Jennie and I have been working on redoing her kitchen chairs. When we were outside sanding them down, the kids all decided it would be fun to come over and help at some point or another. It didn't last very long, though...
We also got to go to Olive's music class with her. Steven loved it! They basically just sang lots of songs that pretty much always had actions that went with them. At one point, they even handed out percussion instruments. Steven was in heaven.
So bottom line, we're still having so much fun here. I am so grateful for such a wonderful sister that will put up with me and my [mostly] crazy child for almost 3 weeks. She and Cody have been so so helpful, too. I definitely get overwhelmed sometimes, and with TJ not here to help out, they have saved me more than a few times. They're just great :) I'm excited for one more week!

2 comments:

the Mom said...

All three videos worked for me! =}

LOVED LOVED LOVED the second one, where Steven broke away from the pack and just ran free. So cute!! I also love to hear him laugh, and see him shake his booty -- which was made even better by the hat! That hat is perfection.

Lyndsay Detro said...

Okay, that last video was SO cute!! I loved that he was playing and shaking his booty. Darling!!

I'm glad you're having so much fun!!

Can't wait to see the finished product on the chairs.

Oh, and the sunglasses looked good on him. =)