Tuesday, May 1, 2012

California

As most of you know, TJ is now in Southern Africa! As of today, I believe he's in Botswana, but he's also been in Johannesburg and Soweto, South Africa (don't worry, he took the camera, so hopefully he'll be able to do an awesome post when he gets back). There are actually a few videos and pictures that the Young Ambassadors have posted on their Facebook page, so you should all check them out! Anyway, so he left early last tuesday morning. I stayed a few days longer in provo to get some work done, and then headed to California on thursday morning. The drive was long and pretty crazy with Steven, but he did pretty well, considering. He did spend a lot of time being pretty ridiculous, though, and yelling and throwing things at me. This, however, is how I choose to remember that trip.
I'm so excited to be here visiting Jennie and her family!! Since I couldn't go to Africa, that happiest place I could think of being was here. Besides the fact that I absolutely love spending time with my sister and her family, I love california. I've never lived here, and before about a year and a half ago, had never even been here! I always knew I would love it though. I love the ocean, and love warm weather, so California seemed like the perfect place. I've had so much fun so far, too! They live near the bay in this little town called Benicia. I go on runs down by the marina, and they live basically right downtown, so we can walk everywhere. It's great. Also, it's been so nice to not be the only one around to entertain my child! Junie has especially been doing a great job playing with Steven a lot. Jennie has been so much help, too. I got some awesome videos of her playing with Steven, but of course only one would load...
I took this last video today while Jennie and I were out at some shops. Steven was so excited to get on the ride, but then all of a sudden, not excited at all. He apparently had way more fun watching Henry ride, than actually riding himself. And Henry had a grand old time! A year younger and already so much braver... Steven's got some catching up to do!


4 comments:

the Mom said...

Glad you're having fun! LOVE the pic of Steven in the car! Such a cool dude. =}

The videos aren't working for me...

nana said...

So sad that the last video wouldn't load! The "Da-Da" lives on for another generation! Watching my children and grandchildren play together is about the best thing I can think of.

Lyndsay Detro said...

I LOVE the picture of him in the car. SO cute!! Loved the first video. He is so stinkin' cute. Loved how he was clapping for himself. =) I couldn't get the last video to load. Glad you're having so much fun!!!

Steve and Nicole said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're having fun :) Love the picture of Steven..what a stud :)