Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Most Favorite/Least Favorite

Every night at dinner at the Christopherson house, everyone gets asked what their most favorite and least favorite thing was that happened that day. I wanted to do that for my trip. Since I was there for 10 days, though, I think it's only fair that I'm not limited to just one thing in each area.
Most Favorite - My new nephew!! Henry Atticus Christopherson is just the cutest little guy. His first week and a half in his new home was mostly spent sleeping, but when he did open his eyes, he always looked very skeptical of this new, bright world. I loved being reminded of what new babies are like :)
Most Favorite - Nieces/cousins. Spending time with Juniper and Olive, Jennie's two daughters was great. I got to take them to school and pick them up almost every day. Some days were a little challenging, but I definitely had lots of time to bond with them. So did Steven! And this video proves it...
Most Favorite - The beach!! It was especially great to be able to take Steven there and let him play around. Hopefully he'll learn to love it as much as his mom.
Most Favorite - The playground. I went there with Junie and Steven and it was so fun! It was such a nice area and such a nice day! There weren't any wood chips or anything for Steven to put in his mouth, so it was perfect for him. And I got to introduce him to the slide which he loved!
There were, however, a few not so favorite things that happened.
Least Favorite - Throw-up. Everyone in the house (accept Henry, thankfully) got sick at one time or another. Luckily Steven and I weren't sick at the same time, and it was only a 24-hour thing. It was my first time dealing with Steven throwing-up, though, and that was not so pleasant. The first time he threw up all over the rug, himself, and me right before church. (You would never guess that was about to happen in about five minutes following this picture)
That night he threw up all over his crib. I only had to scrub the throw-up out the of the latter (you're the best, Cody!!) but I think it's safe to say that was my least favorite thing. It might have even been worse than throwing up myself, which came a couple days later.
Least Favorite - Pulling hair. Steven decided pulling hair was his favorite past time, especially Olive's beautiful blond curls. This made it almost impossible to keep them next to each other (like in a stroller) or to really let him around her at all unsupervised.
Least Favorite - Driving home. The drive there was really not as bad as I thought it would be, even going on about 4 hours of sleep. We made good time and Steven was really not that unhappy. The drive home, however, was filled with taking the long way, getting lost, taking an even longer way, getting a ticket, crying, Steven having a huge blowout, and finally getting home at 3 am. No bueno.

Overall, though, it was pretty much just an awesome trip all around. I loved being able to spend time with my sister and Cody, too!

6 comments:

the Mom said...

Loved seeing the video of him speed-crawling. :} Loved the pic of him in his white shirt and tie, ready for church! Such a little man. And my most favorite beach picture was the one where he's off to the right with his back to the camera, looking out at the ocean. GREAT shot!

Clay and Katy said...

Sounds like you had a good time (minus the drive home)! Steven was crawling so fast in that video I couldnt believe it!! Love the beach pics too! And yeah, cleaning up throw up from kids...not fun. Ever.

Lyndsay Detro said...

Loved all the pictures!! Sounds like you had a great time and were a great help, too. Thanks for the update!

Wilson Family said...

love the least favorite/most favorite game! great way to do a post too. and can i just say i LOVE that picture of steven all dressed up and spiffy handsome in his tie for church. such cute cheeks and smile to go with it!

Jennifer said...

No babies around! I finally was able to get through it! WOO HOO! I love Cali... its too bad you had to come home to the cold! Can you imagine if my kids came too?? UGH!

nana said...

Olive missed Steven so much when he left! And she asked where you were at least once a day. Aunt Julia is a definite, "Yes!"