Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stats

We went to the Doctor's today for Steven's 2 month check-up. The Doctor says he looks great! He now weighs 13.27 lbs and is in the 84th percentile! I guess I don't have to worry about him not eating enough! His head circumference is 15.77 in which puts him in the 52nd percentile. Now for length, the nurse only measured him at 22.5 in which only puts him in the 33rd percentile. I, however, would have to dispute that finding. The way she measured him was by laying him on the bed that has that paper cover on it, and then marking where his head and feet were, then measuring between those marks. After she did that, though, I layed him back down, and his feet reach at least an inch past where she marked. I'm not bitter though. I just know my baby's better than the 33rd percentile and that's all that counts, right?
Anyway, after all that was done and the doctor had checked on him, it was time for the sad part - the shots. It was probably the saddest thing ever. Steven really isn't a crier (which I am so grateful for) and so I was not prepared for what was coming. He cried SO HARD and it was the worst thing ever. I wanted to punch the nurse for making my baby cry that much. I started tearing up, it was so bad. Not that anyone, like my husband, was there to comfort me. No, no. TJ was cowering in the corner avoiding the needles and his terrorized child and heartbroken wife. It's ok though. We just see now who's going to teach our children to be brave...
ANYWAY, overall, it wasn't too bad of a day. And now, to make this post a little more interesting, here's a picture and a little video of my adorable child taken a few days ago. I'm really just looking for an excuse to post these...


1 comment:

Lyndsay Detro said...

Oh my goodness!! That video was the cutest thing ever!!!!!